Mental Health: Research
If we can share our story with someone who responds with empathy and understanding,
shame can't survive
Create a Presentation with information on Perspectives of Mental Health within a Community. This is a culminating research and presentation assignment.
- How does the community or culture being researched view mental illness?
- Is there a cultural stigma to diagnosis and treatment?
- Are resources available for diagnosis and treatment ?
- Students will gather information regarding mental health for an assigned demographic.
- Students will format the information into a condensed summary - precis.
- Student will create an infographic to display the information in an easy to access format.
- Student will create a Flipboard Magazine to display the information.
- A) For this assignment you have instructions on how to create a précis, an infographic, and a Flipboard Magazine.
- You will choose a community or culture to research.
- The topic is the relationship (mindset, resources, support) between the community and mental health facility (counseling...)
- B) Some research information is provided for you for some groups that you may use but you will probably want to supplement what is there. You can also choose a group that is not listed.