Lookism: Poetry Analysis
The assignments that have activities are in red.
Poem #2 Myth and Masks (20)
This poem should be read aloud with different voices for different hairstyles.
1. Read the poem through once silently.
2. Read the poem within a group
3. Assign different parts of the poem to various group members.
Try to capture the tone of the stanza and the experience of the speaker.
4. Rehearse presenting the poem.
5a. Present the oral interpretation of the poem.
5b. Relate the concepts that are expressed in the poem to the information in this unit.
- Create a poem about the collage you created celebrating your physical appearance.
- Create a poem or skit responding to the person in myth and masks
- Create a poem or skit with solution-based responses to lookism.