1. Students will be able to identify different types of mental illness.
2. Students will learn that almost everyone has been impacted by mental illness.
3. Students will be able to discuss the different types of mental illness.
List of Disorders
This is not a comprehensive list of illnesses. The tenth post-it on the wall is for students to write down any illness that is not listed here.
1. The 9 numbered mental health disorders need to be written on
the 9 different large white post-its, one per post-it.
2. Place them around the room on the wall.
3. The 10th white wall post-it will have “Other” written on it for any
disorder that is not listed on the other 9.
• Students can click on the buttons to learn more about the different illnesses.
• Take notes on the symptoms and how it impacts the individual and society.
• Discuss some of the stigmas that might be associated with the illness/disorder.
Conversation Starter Questions
• How did it feel to participate in this exercise?
• Does anyone want to share how the illness has impacted the person and those they know?
• Do you, or the person you know, talk about the illness?
Please fill out the contact form for information on speaking engagements, or poetry writing workshops,