What mental health needs is more sunlight,
more candor, and more unashamed conversation.
— Glenn Close
The assignments that have activities are in red.
List of Disorders
This is not a comprehensive list of illnesses. The tenth post-it on the wall is for students to write down any illness that is not listed here.
1. The 9 numbered mental health disorders need to be written on
the 9 different large white post-its, one per post-it.
2. Place them around the room on the wall.
3. The 10th white wall post-it will have “Other” written on it for any
disorder that is not listed on the other 9.
• Students can click on the buttons to learn more about the different illnesses.
• Take notes on the symptoms and how it impacts the individual and society.
• Discuss some of the stigmas that might be associated with the illness/disorder.
Conversation Starter Questions
• How did it feel to participate in this exercise?
• Does anyone want to share how the illness has impacted the person and those they know?
• Do you, or the person you know, talk about the illness?